Freedom of information request response - 05335
FOI ID number
- How many museums does your council run?
- How many items are there in your museums’ collections? What is their combined value?
- How many of those items are currently on display? What is their combined value?
- For each of the last four financial years, ending with 2017/18:
- How many items have been sold by your museums? What is the sum of money those sales have raised?
- How much of that money was kept within museums rather than going to other parts of the council?
- How many items have been bought by your museums? How much, in total, was paid for them?
- Over the last four years, what is the single biggest amount raised by selling an item? What was the item in question? How and to whom was it sold?
- Even if no sales have been made, has the council considered selling any of its collection at any point over the last four years?
To be clear – I am only interested in items in the museums’ collection of historical artefacts. I am not interested in how much the museum is spending on buying and selling items like cleaning products, pens or computer equipment.
- 5586; combined value £917,700
- 771; £554,000
- Not applicable
- 2014/15: no. 43 (£11,106) / 2015/16: no. 8 (£93) / 2016/17: no. 19 (£2,350) / 2017/18: no. 14 (£1,073)
- No sale
20 June 2018