Freedom of information request response - 05299
With your help, we plan to piece together an accurate map of Public Space Protection Orders across the UK, allowing dog walkers to better understand the restrictions that are in place on a national level.
With this in mind; could you please provide me with the following information?
- What Public Space Protection Orders relating to dog ownership does your council currently have in place?
- On what date did these orders come into force?
- How many fixed penalty notice fines have been issued to dog owners for violating any of these orders since they were implemented?
- If any, which orders in specific have owners violated?
- In Eden, our PSPO relating to dog ownership covers three things: Dog Fouling, Dog on a Lead and Dog Exclusion.
- This Order came into effect on 20 October 2017.
- We have issued 2 fixed penalty notices for violating the PSPO since it came into effect.
- Both notices were for failure to have a dog on a lead.