Freedom of information request response - 05251
- Has the Council conducted any public health funerals since 01/01/2018- the date of your response. Can you please include any pending funerals?
- If the answer to question 1 is yes, can you send me the deceased's:
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Date of death
- Date of funeral
- Last Known Address and if privately owned or rented
- Whether the Council has located a next of kin?
- Whether the Council has located a will?
- Whether details of the estate have been/will be referred to the Government Legal Department?
- Approximate value of estate (if known)?
- In each case, has the Council given the information away in another FOI request
- In each case, has the Council passed the information (outside the parameters of FOI) to a probate or genealogy firm? If so which ones and when?
- Any other information the Council holds about the deceased
Freedom of Information request relating to public health funerals
Further to your FOI request about public health funerals which was logged under FOI Ref No 05251, I am now in a position to provide a response to your request for information under the provisions of the Freedom of Information Act 2000. Officers advise that the information you are seeking would come under section 22 (1) of the Freedom of Information Act and would be intended for future publication on the following website: https://www.gov.uk/government/statistical-data-sets/unclaimed-estates-list
I hope this satisfies your query. However, if you are dissatisfied with this response you can have your complaint heard under the Council's Complaints Procedure. To do this you will need to contact us within 10 working days of receipt of this email. You can do this by the contacting the Deputy Chief Executive (Matthew Neal) via firstname.lastname@example.org or writing to the Deputy Chief Executive at Eden District Council, Town Hall, Penrith CA11 7QF.
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner (ICO) at: Information Commissioner's Officer, Wycliffe House, Wilmslow, Cheshire SK9 5AF or by telephoning 0303 123 1113. Generally the ICO cannot make a decision unless you have exhausted the complaints procedure provided by Eden District Council.
Most of the information that we provide in response to Freedom of Information Act 2000 requests will be subject to copyright protection. In most cases the copyright will be owned by Eden District Council. The copyright in other information may be owned by another person or organisation as indicated on the information itself.
You are free to use any of the information supplied for your own non-commercial research or private study purposes. The information may also be used for any other purpose allowed by a limitation or exception in copyright law, such as news reporting. However, any other type of re-use, for example by publishing the information in analogue or digital format, including on the internet, will require the permission of the copyright owner.