About Freedom of Information (FOI)
The Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) provides a right of access to information held by public authorities. This right of access came into force on 1 January 2005.
Request for information
Everyone has the right to request access to information from us, no matter who or where you are.
- Make a request online, complete the request for information under FOI form
- Download and complete an application form
- Freedom of Information Application Form (PDF: 118 Kb / 3 pages)
- Freedom of Information Application Form (Word Document 827 Kb / 3 pages) Requests for information are covered by the Freedom of Information Act 2000 if they:
- Are made in writing
- Include the name of the person making the request
- Include an address for correspondence
- Describe the information requested.
Please send us your request for information by letter, email or by form to the address below:
It will help us to process your request if you provide as much detail as you can.
Access to Information Policy and Procedure
Our commitment is outlined in the Access to Information Policy (including procedure at Appendix A) PDF 320Kb / 14 pages)