Procurement concerns the acquisition of all goods, works and services. It relates to all expenditure by us, with the exception only of staff costs, benefit payments and grants. Staff should be aware of effective and fair procurement procedures to gain maximum value to us. It is also important that the way we procure is transparent:
- to the residents of Eden - this will demonstrate that we seek to be open and accountable in our procurement
- to those we procure from - this will hopefully demystify the process and encourage as many suppliers as possible to deal with us. Any queries with orders received from us, please contact email@example.com, or contact the person named on the order form.
- Procurement Strategy 2017 (PDF: 484Kb / 19 pages)
- Selling to the Council
- How to do Business with Local Authorities in Cumbria - A Guide for Suppliers, Contractors and Service Providers (PDF: 436Kb / 14 Pages)
- Contracts Register
- Procurement Rules April 2017 (PDF: 208Kb / 12 pages)
- Accounting and Audit Rules April 2017 (PDF: 236Kb / 18 pages)
- Electronic Tendering (PDF: 26Kb / 5 pages)
- Gov.UK: Tendering for Public Sector Contracts
Contracts open for tender:
See list of contracts open for tender and other opportunities on The Chest eProcurement Portal. The Chest portal is provided by ProContract.