Lazonby Parish Neighbourhood Planning Area
Draft Lazonby Neighbourhood Plan: Examination (Regulation 17)
John Slater BA (Hons) DMS MRTPI was appointed on 31 July 2018 to undertake the examination of the Lazonby Neighbourhood Development Plan.
22 August 2018: The Independent Examiner issued his initial comments on the submission version of the Lazonby Neighbourhood Development Plan, inviting Eden District Council, Lazonby Parish Council and Hesket Parish Council to respond as appropriate.
17 October 2018: Eden District Council submitted a combined response to the initial comments/queries of the Independent Examiner.
30 October 2018: John Slater issued a document entitled ‘Further Comments of the Independent Examiner’, confirming that the examination was likely to proceed via the way of written representations and that he would endeavour to complete his report by the end of November 2018.
12 December 2018: The Independent Examiner issued his report on the examination of the Lazonby Neighbourhood. The report concludes that the Lazonby Neighbourhood Plan should proceed to referendum, subject to the Plan being amended in line with his recommended modifications, which are required to ensure the plan meets the basic conditions.
- Final Report to Eden District Council on the Examination of the Lazonby Neighbourhood Plan: Submission Version (PDF: 124Kb / 25 pages)
Draft Lazonby Neighbourhood Plan 2014-2029 consultation (Regulation 16)
Lazonby Neighbourhood Plan 2014–2029 was open for public consultation (under Regulation 16 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012) for 6 weeks from Monday 28 May 2018.
A number of the following consultation documents have been redacted to remove personal information only.
- Appendix A – Press Release (PDF: 282 Kb / 2 pages)
- Appendix B – Questionnaire (PDF: 1.81 Mb / 4 pages)
- Appendix C1 – Questionnaire Spread Sheet (Excel: 29 Kb / 1 pages)
- Appendix C2 – Questionnaire Powerpoint (PDF: 956 Kb / 14 pages)
- Appendix D – Summary of Draft Plan Leaflet (PDF: 541 Kb / 4 pages)
- Appendix E – Photographs taken at Public Drop-In Event (PDF: 333 Kb / 1 pages) - not yet available for publication
- Appendix F – Summary Response Sheet Proforma (PDF: 82 Kb / 2 pages)
- Appendix G – Time Line of Meetings (PDF: 101 Kb / 5 pages)
- Appendix H – Summary Leaflet (PDF: 551 Kb / 1 pages)
- Appendix I – Request for Screening Opinion (PDF: 89 Kb / 2 pages)
- Appendix J – Executive Summary (PDF: 1.69 Mb / 16 pages)
- Appendix K – Public Consultation Meeting Advertisement (PDF: 242 Kb / 1 pages)
- Appendix L1 – Response from Historic England – January 2016 redacted (PDF: 122 Kb / 1 pages)
- Appendix L2 – Response from Historic England – April 2017 redacted (PDF: 225 Kb / 2 pages)
- Appendix M – Habitats Regulation Assessment Screening Report redacted (PDF: 1.27 Mb / 36 pages)
- Appendix N – Strategic Environmental Assessment Screening Report redacted (PDF: 1 Mb / 24 pages)
- Appendix O – Letter giving notice of pre-submission Public Consultation redacted (PDF: 67 Kb / 1 pages)
- Appendix P – Newspaper Advertisement (PDF: 82 Kb / 1 pages)
- Appendix Q – Media Release (PDF: 22 Kb / 1 pages)
- Appendix R – Response from Historic England – July 2017 redacted (PDF: 153 Kb / 2 pages)
- Appendix S1 – Plan Response from EDC – August 2017 (PDF: 7.46 Mb / 73 pages)
- Appendix S2 – Design Guide Response from EDC – August 2017 (PDF: 3.52 Mb / 28 pages)
- Appendix T1 - Letter from James Turner, Brackenburgh Estates redacted (PDF: 186 Kb / 1 pages)
- Appendix T2 – Response on behalf of Brackenburgh Estates redacted (PDF: 2.41 Mb / 6 pages)
- Appendix T3 – Letter from Cragnook Quarry, Brackenburgh Estate (PDF: 191 Kb / 1 pages)
- Appendix U – Letter from Garden of Eden Fishing (PDF: 152 Kb / 2 pages)
- Appendix V1 - Letter from Dunnewoods redacted (PDF: 231 Kb / 2 pages)
- Appendix V2 – Letter on behalf of Lazonby Estate Settlement 2000 redacted (PDF: 4.09 Mb / 10 pages)
- Appendix V3 – Letter from Russell Bowman Tenant Farmer Lazonby Estates redacted (PDF: 61 Kb / 1 pages)
- Appendix V4 – Letter from Annabelle Stapleton, Lazonby Estates redacted (PDF: 30 Kb / 2 pages)
- Appendix V5 – Letter from Serena Williams-Ellis, Lazonby Estates redacted (PDF: 72 Kb / 2 pages)
- Appendix V6 – Letter from John Atkinson redacted (PDF: 194 Kb / 1 pages)
- Appendix V7i – Letter from Andrew Dyer – page 1 redacted (PDF: 149 Kb / 1 pages)
- Appendix V7ii – Letter from Andrew Dyer – page 2 redacted (PDF: 200 Kb / 1 pages)
- Appendix W – Comments from Story Homes redacted (PDF: 39 Kb / 2 pages)
- Appendix Xi – Comments from Cumbria County Council part 1 (PDF: 278 Kb / 3 pages)
- Appendix Xii – Comments from Cumbria County Council part 2 (PDF: 154 Kb / 10 pages)
- Appendix Y1 – Response from Network Rail (PDF: 317 Kb / 2 pages)
- Appendix Y2 – Response from Network Rail – Tunnels (PDF: 18 Kb / 2 pages)
- Appendix Z – Response from The Woodland Trust redacted (PDF: 438 Kb / 4 pages)
Alternatively, paper copies are available for inspection at:
Lazonby Library Link (Lakes and Dales Co-op)
Following the consultation, the draft Lazonby Neighbourhood Plan, associated documents and the responses received during the consultation period were sent to an independent Inspector to be examined. If the Plan is approved by the examiner, it will then be put to a local referendum.
Once adopted, the Lazonby Neighbourhood Plan will become part of the statutory Local Development Plan for Eden and will constitute a material consideration in future planning matters in the Lazonby Parish area.
Consultation on Draft Neighbourhood Plan (Regulation 14)
Lazonby Neighbourhood Plan 2014–2029 was open for public consultation (under Regulation 14 of the Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012) for 6 weeks from Monday 17 July 2017.
When the draft Plan and its associated documents were submitted to Eden District Council for the Regulation 16 Consultation process to begin, it was discovered that not all of the Statutory Consultees listed under Regulation 15 of The Neighbourhood Planning (General) Regulations 2012 had been consulted. Therefore, those missing Consultees were consulted for a further 6-week period between 19 February and 2 April 2018.
The first stage in developing a neighbourhood plan is to designate the 'neighbourhood area' which it will cover. A Neighbourhood Area application from Lazonby Parish Council was approved on 18 September 2014 after a six-week consultation period, which ended on Wednesday, 17 September. Lazonby Parish Council now has the right to produce their own Neighbourhood Plan or Neighbourhood Development Orders.