Interim Eden Local Plan consultation
Following the Eden Local Plan 2014 – 2032 hearing sessions that took place in 2016, we have since undertaken further evidence-based work on the Local Plan with a view to addressing concerns raised by both participants and the Local Plan Inspector.
The additional work relates to the District’s Full Objectively Assessed Housing Need (FOAHN); the housing distribution strategy; and the allocation of sites (within the District’s four towns and Key Hubs) to meet future housing needs.
The main proposals are:
- An increase in the number of houses to be built in Eden each year to 242 (an uplift of 42 dwellings per annum compared with the Local Plan 2014-2032 Submission Version);
- Amendments to the housing allocation sites in Penrith, Alston, Appleby and Kirkby Stephen, primarily in response to the adjustment to the District’s overall housing target;
- The number of key hubs has been reduced from 28 to just 12, focussing on the most sustainable locations; and,
- New sites allocated for housing development in the key hubs (informed by the Land Availability Assessment 2015 and more recent intelligence) except where there is a commitment for a Neighbourhood Plan to allocate land, such as at Langwathby and Lazonby.
Penrith - Housing Distribution and Sites - January 2017 (PDF: 3.91Mb / 55 pages)
Correction to Penrith - Housing Distribution and Sites document. A typographical error was been noted on the document; in appendix 1, page 17, site P54 was mistakenly crossed out. However, the site is intended to be included in the allocations as shown on the map in appendix 5. This document has now been replaced with a corrected version, apologies for any inconvenience caused.’
Copies of the documents are available to view online using the links above or in the Examination Library. Alternatively, copies are available at Alston local links centre, Kirkby Stephen local links and libraries, as well as the receptions at Town Hall and Mansion House in Penrith.
How to comment on the documents
The consultation runs for 4 weeks from 5pm on Monday 13 March 2017 until 5pm on Monday 10 April 2017.
To comment on a document, please use the comment form below:
- ELP consultation representation form (PDF: 241Kb / 7 pages)
- Guidance Note - ELP consultation representation form (PDF: 146Kb / 4 pages)
Alternatively, please send us your comments:
- By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By Post: Planning Policy, Eden District Council, Mansion House, Penrith, Cumbria, CA11 7YG
You can also complete the form using SurveyMonkey
Please contact the Planning Policy Team on the telephone number below if you need a form to be sent to you by post.
What happens next?
If the Inspector considers it necessary to hold further hearing sessions, these will take place between Tuesday 2nd May and Friday 5th May 2017. If you have indicated that you would like to participate in the hearings, you or your representative will need to be available on these dates.