Save time, do it online: Pay Apply Report

Eden Local Plan further main modifications consultation

A brief series of further Main Modifications to the Eden Local Plan have been published for consultation. These are changes that are necessary to make the Plan sound. A supporting document accompanies the Further Main Modifications and is also subject to consultation.

Consultation documents

How to comment on the documents

The consultation is open for seven weeks from 9am on Wednesday, 6 December 2017 and all representations must be received by 9am on Wednesday, 24 January 2018.

Responses can be submitted using our online consultation form. To help you complete your response form, please view the Guidance Note (PDF: 4 pages / 200Kb)

Alternatively, you can respond to the consultation by downloading the response form below:

This can be emailed to or posted to: Planning Policy, Eden District Council, Mansion House, Friargate, Penrith CA11 7YG

Background documents

The following background documents have been produced for information purposes only and are not subject to consultation:

Our response to the representations received during the Main Modifications consultation that took place between 10 July and 21 August are contained in the Proposed Main Modifications Consultation Statement - November 2017 (PDF: 150 pages / 1.84Mb).

These are available in the Eden Local Plan examination library.

What happens next?

Following the consultation, all representations that relate to the Proposed Further Main Modifications and/or Sustainability Appraisal, will be passed on to the Planning Inspector for his consideration.

It is anticipated that the Inspector will finalise his report in early 2018. This would allow the Council to consider his report and, subject to his recommendations, move towards legally adopting the Local Plan in early Spring 2018.

Accessibility information

Summaries of the information contained in the documents on this page are available upon request in alternative languages or formats by contacting the Communication Officer on the details below or completing the form below.

Request information in an alternative format online