Supplementary planning guidance
Supplementary Planning Guidance is the collective term for additional guidance documents that aid the implementation of development plan policies. Whilst such guidance should be consistent with the policies to which it relates, its role is also to provide a level of detail that would otherwise be inappropriate in a development plan policy.
All the Supplementary Planning Guidance we prepare have been subject to public consultation before being formally adopted.
While Supplementary Planning Guidance does not share the same status afforded to an adopted development plan, it will be taken into account as a material consideration when determining planning applications. With the change in the planning system Supplementary Planning Documents will now be produced instead of Supplementary Planning Guidance.
The following Supplementary Planning Guidance has been saved with the Eden Local Plan:
- Farm Diversification (April 2005) PDF 1.43Mb / 30 pages)
- The Eden Design Summary (1999) (PDF: 134Kb / 26 pages)
- Parking Guidelines in Cumbria (1997)
- Layout of New Residential Developments (1996)
Where to get a copy:
You can get copies of the above Supplementary Planning Guidance from:
- Contact: Planning Policy
- Email: email@example.com
- Telephone: 01768 817817
- Address: Eden District Council, Mansion House, Penrith CA11 7YG
You can get copy of the Layout of New Residential Developments from:
- Contact: The Strategic Planning Manager, Cumbria County Council, Citadel Chambers, Carlisle CA3 8SG
- Website: www.cumbria.gov.uk/
- Telephone: 01228 606739