Save time, do it online: Pay Apply Report


Potholes are holes in a road where the surface has been damaged, approximately 4cm deep; they should be repaired as soon as possible to prevent accidents.

Potholes in Eden

Potholes in Eden are repaired by Cumbria Highways on most of the roads, for more details see the  For more details, see potholes on Cumbria County Council's website.

Reporting a pothole in a road

To report a pothole you will need details of the location, street and postcode if possible.

Report a fault in the highway online to Cumbria County Council.

Report a pothole on Cumbria Highways Hotline on 0300 303 2992.

Report a pothole on the FixMyStreet website.

Report a pothole on the Fill that hole website.

Potholes on the M6 Motorway

Highways England repair potholes on the M6 motorway, or A66 trunk road.

How to report a pothole on a motorway, or on some A roads

Report a pothole to Highways England.

Potential compensation for damage to your vehicle

You can make a claim for compensation if your vehicle has been damaged on a road managed by Highways England. Claim for damage to your vehicle from Highways England.

Unadopted roads

If a road is unadopted, potholes are usually the responsibility of the nearest resident.