Have your say on proposed changes to Draft Eden Local Plan 2014 to 2032
Local people are been asked to give their views on changes and additions proposed to the Draft Eden Local Plan 2014 to 2032, this document once adopted will be the blueprint for Eden District Council’s Planning Services Section to use to determine planning applications.
The Draft Eden Local Plan 2014 to 2032 has been examined by an inspector from Central Government, and as a result, Eden District Council has been required to make some alterations shown below. In order to involve the public and interested parties in the production of the Draft Local Plan, the Council are accepting comments on the changes over a four week period.
The changes to the Draft Eden Local Plan 2014 to 2032 that the Council are consulting on are:
- An increase in the number of houses to be built in Eden each year, from 200 to 242.
- New sites allocated for the extra houses in Penrith, Appleby Kirkby Stephen and Alston.
- A reduced list of settlements designated as key hubs (areas considered sustainable locations for housing).
- New sites allocated for housing in the key hubs.
The consultation started at 5pm on Monday 13 March 2017 and closes on Monday 10 April 2017 at 5pm.
All the information is available at www.eden.gov.uk/elpconsultation
Or from the following locations:
- The reception area of the Town Hall and Mansion House in Penrith
- Alston Local Links
- Appleby Library
- Kirkby Stephen Local Links
- Lazonby Co-op (Library Link)
- Penrith Library
- Shap Library Link
How can I be involved?
Visit our website or one of the locations above and take a look at the changes we are proposing. If you would like to send us your comments, please fill out the online form on our website, or download a copy of the form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
Alternatively you can post it to:
Eden District Council
What happens next?
All comments received will be submitted to the Local Plan Inspector appointed by the Secretary of State. The Inspector may decide to hold additional hearing sessions in light of comments received.