Cumbria Landlord Accreditation Scheme
If you rent out property in the Eden area, you may want to join the Cumbria Landlord Accreditation Scheme (CLAS). By signing up, landlords are committing themselves to maintaining high standards and following good practice in the way they manage their properties. In return, landlords who join can benefit from the incentives on offer.
Incentives for landlords with private rented property in the Eden area include:
- Assistance with fire precaution and energy efficiency measures
- Local landlord meetings with guest speakers
- Local landlord training events
- Ability to advertise their properties on the University of Cumbria website
- A fortnightly e-newsletter
- Special deals on goods and services
Some of the above incentives are arranged through the National Landlords Association who administer the scheme on behalf of the Cumbrian districts.
Landlords will be able to access a wide range of educational and developmental resources that will set them apart from other landlords, and provide assurance to tenants that they're dealing with professionals who understand their responsibilities and obligations.
Landlords will be able to use the Scheme logo to show they are part of the scheme and this will reassure tenants that they can rent with confidence.