Warm Homes Eden
Warm Homes Eden is a scheme designed to support you with making your home more energy efficient. It can both save you money on your fuel bills alongside improving your health by making your home warmer.
The Scheme came from Eden’s Affordable Warmth Partnership working together.
Aims of the warm homes Eden scheme
The scheme aims to help Eden residents living in Private housing who find it difficult to heat their homes and who may experience one of the following:
- People with a low income and are struggling to pay their bills.
- People who may face making a choice between either heating their home or feeding their family.
- People with a low income and a chronic health condition, affected by living in a cold home.
- People with energy inefficient homes.
Warm homes Eden scheme offers
An opportunity to improve your home’s insulation and heating system.
Benefits of warm homes Eden scheme
- Cold homes may cause or worsen existing health conditions like severe asthma, heart problems, arthritis, rheumatism or Mental Health problems. Actions such as improving home insulation can help.
- In hot weather a home that is too warm can also cause health problems. Remedies for this include improving insulation and ventilation.
- We are keen to help you keep warm and well at home.
Energy Company Obligation (ECO) and Flexible Eligibility (ECO Flex)
Energy Company Obligation (ECO), exists whereby major gas and electricity suppliers have to provide funding towards energy efficiency measures such as insulation, or heating.
Energy Company Obligation offers energy efficiency measures including the following:
- Loft insulation.
- Cavity wall insulation.
- External wall insulation.
- Internal wall insulation.
- Underfloor insulation.
- Room in roof insulation.
- A repair to a broken domestic boiler.
- Access to renewable forms of heating, for instance either an Air Source Heat Pump, or a Ground Source Heat Pump.
If you are in receipt of any of the following welfare benefits you may qualify for help:
- Armed Forces Independence Payment.
- Attendance Allowance.
- Carers Allowance.
- Child Benefit (further criteria apply).
- Child Tax Credit.
- Constant Attendance Allowance.
- Disability Living Allowance.
- Income Related Employment and Support Allowance.
- Income Support.
- Industrial Injuries Disablement Benefit.
- Pension Credit Guarantee.
- Personal Independence Payment.
- Severe Disablement Allowance.
- Universal Credit.
- War Pensioners Mobility Supplement.
- Working Tax Credit.
You can contact one of the major energy suppliers (you don't have to be their customer to qualify). Their funding doesn’t always cover the full cost of the work; we may be able to help you to apply for funding to help to make it more affordable.
Download and complete the enquiry form (PDF: Kb /pages) and return it to the Housing Services Team, see contact details for Housing Services Team below.
Energy Company Obligation Flexible Eligibility (ECO Flex)
ECO Flex is funding is also available through ECO for people who don't receive one of the qualifying benefits, but who do meet local criteria in Eden District. We will provide written confirmation to the energy supplier or their installer, if you meet our local criteria, and they will make the final decision on whether they can provide funding for heating or insulation. In summary, you may be eligible if you have a low income and your home is assessed as being a high cost to heat, or you have a low income and have a health condition or disability that makes you vulnerable to the cold.
Read the Energy Company Obligation (ECO Flex) Statement of Intent (PDF: 280Kb / 11 pages) which we published on 1 July 2019, it details our eligibility criteria.
Download and complete the enquiry form (PDF: Kb / pages) and return it to the Housing Services Team, see contact details for Housing Services Team below.
Energy company enquiries
If you are an energy company and want to offer ECO Flex within Eden district, please contact Housing Services Team on details below.
Assessing eligibility to access ECO Flex
If you have a low income and your home is assessed as being a high cost to heat, you will be asked to complete Form A. Please see link below
Or, if you have a low income and a health condition or disability that makes you vulnerable to cold, you will be asked to complete both Form A and Form B
Please email your completed application form to: