Save time, do it online: Pay Apply Report

Disabled facilities grants

Disabled people living in Eden who are in need of aids or alterations to their home may be eligible for a disabled facilities grant. This grant is also available for elderly persons who are struggling with mobility. The aim of this grant is to help maintain peoples independence in their own home for as long as possible.

Example of works which can be carried out under grant

  • Stair lifts
  • Level Access Shower facilities
  • Ramps
  • Making property wheelchair accessible
  • Specialist toilet facilities

If you would like more information on the types of works available please contact the Housing Team on 01768 817817.

How to apply for a disabled facilities grant

A recommendation from an Occupational Therapist is required in order to be considered for a grant.

If you would like to be considered for a disabled facilities grant you can contact Adult Social Care by telephoning 0300 303 3249 and request an Occupational Therapist visit to your home to assess your needs.