Destination management system
Cumbria Tourism, in partnership with Local Authorities, have developed a 'Destination Management System' (DMS). The DMS is designed to provide comprehensive information for the visitor about all aspects of their holiday including accommodation, attractions and events.
This information is then distributed to the Tourist Information Centre (TIC) network in Cumbria and associated websites.
Our Visit Eden website draws information from the DMS for our accommodation section.
How can it benefit my business?
- The information only needs to be collected once and then entered into a central database and fed out to the channels mentioned above
- The system allows potential customers to see your room details, prices and availability
- It also allows you to update your availability and prices
- When you update your information this update is automatically seen by visitors to the websites that you have chosen to advertise on and by all of the TICs that are using the system
- The tools used by the TICs allow them to search and book accommodation for the visitor
Will my information be seen by potential visitors?
You need to make sure you are advertising with one of the organisations that work to promote Cumbria to visitors. Most organisations will charge you to advertise on their website or in their guides.
If you would like to register your business with the DMS please download the appropriate form from Cumbria Tourism.
Once complete, return this form with an image of your establishment to Cumbria Tourism. This data will then be input into the DMS.
For accommodation businesses further information will be sent on how to update your details on the Guestlink system.