English tourism week in Eden
Taking place in March each year, English Tourism Week is a week-long celebration of events showcasing the quality and vibrancy of the English tourism industry organised by VisitEngland.
During the Week there are a wide variety of local and national events, discounts and special offers being made available by tourism businesses around the country.
Each year, The Eden Tourism Team organise events to launch English Tourism Week in Eden.
For 2017 we invited Lady Penelope Cobham CBE, Chairman of VisitEngland and David Curtis-Brignell, Chairman of VisitEngland's English Tourism Week Committee to an event to celebrate Eden's fantastic food and drink. You can read more about the event on the Visit Eden website.
Previous launch events have included:
- An event to highlight the importance of heritage attractions in Eden
- A celebration of the importance of pubs are to the area's vibrant tourism economy
- Focusing on the local tourism industry's ability to meet the needs of visitors with disabilities
- Focusing on electric bikes in a bid to demonstrate how accessible the area is using this eco friendly transport
- The Eden Tourism Team have also taken part in 'back to the floor' events at local attractions and B&Bs