Eden tourism summit
Eden Tourism Summit: Wednesday 18 October 2017
We are planning a fantastic Summit for 2017 and invitations have now been sent out.
Eden Tourism Summit 2017 venue
The 2017 summit is at Askham Hall, Askham, near Penrith CA10 2PF.
We have brought together exceptionally high profile tourism professionals who will speak about important tourism issues which will directly benefit your business. In addition, we will be running workshops sessions in the afternoon. Space is limited and must be booked in advance. We urge you to book your place(s) as soon as possible, as this is a day you won’t want to miss.
The Summit will be chaired by Jim Walker, Chair of the Eden Tourism Network.
Eden Tourism Summit speakers:
- Carlisle Airport developments: Opportunities for Eden’s visitor economy - Stephen Smith, General Manager Carlisle Lake District Airport
- UK Research Trends: What does this mean for Eden? - Richard Nicholls, Head of Research and Forecasting at VisitBritain
- Latest Research Trends for Cumbria: The local picture - Helen Tate, Research Manager at Cumbria Tourism
- Maximising Public Transport opportunities for visitors and local communities, Stephen Joseph - Executive Director at Campaign for Better Transport
- Accommodation Grading Schemes: An Inspectors view, Lindsey Bishop, Hotel and Restaurant Inspector - Automobile Association Developments Ltd (The AA)
In addition, delegates will have the opportunity to take part in workshop sessions in the afternoon.
Eden Tourism Summit workshops:
- ‘Walking and Cycling in Eden-making the most of our best selling points!’, Richard Sharp, Area Support Manager, Ramblers and Nick Brelsford, Partnerships Manager North West, Sustrans
- ‘Rail travel: Maximising opportunities for the visitor experience,’ Michael Stewart, General Manager for the Anglo Scot route, Virgin Rail and Anne Ridley, Operations Manager, Settle to Carlisle Railway Development Company
- ‘Bringing heritage to the visitor experience’ Karl Creaser, Principal Local Engagement Adviser, Historic England North West
There will be an opportunity to network with other tourism businesses during a buffet lunch and a chance to look round Askham Hall.
We do hope you will take advantage of this amazing Tourism event and join us at the Summit.
Delegate Rate: £20 plus vat (£24).
For more information, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Previous Eden tourism summits
Presentations from previous summits are available on request.
The Eden tourism network
The Eden Tourism Network was instrumental in suggesting the idea of a Summit, which demonstrates the strong working partnership our tourism team has with businesses like yourselves.