Eden tourism summit
2017 Eden Tourism Summit
The 2017 Eden Tourism Summit was held on Wednesday, 18 October 2017, at Askham Hall, Askham, near Penrith CA10 2PF.
We brought together exceptionally high profile tourism professionals who spoke about important tourism issues to directly benefit your business. In addition, there were workshop sessions in the afternoon.
The Summit was chaired by Jim Walker, Chair of the Eden Tourism Network.
Eden Tourism Summit speakers:
- Carlisle Airport developments: Opportunities for Eden’s visitor economy - Stephen Smith, General Manager, Carlisle Lake District Airport
- UK Research Trends: What does this mean for Eden? - Richard Nicholls, Head of Research and Forecasting at VisitBritain
- Latest Research Trends for Cumbria: The local picture - Helen Tate, Research Manager at Cumbria Tourism
- Maximising Public Transport opportunities for visitors and local communities: Stephen Joseph - Executive Director at Campaign for Better Transport
- Accommodation Grading Schemes: An Inspector's view, Lindsey Bishop, Hotel and Restaurant Inspector - Automobile Association Developments Ltd (The AA)
In addition, delegates had the opportunity to take part in workshop sessions in the afternoon.
Eden Tourism Summit workshops:
- ‘Walking and Cycling in Eden - making the most of our best selling points!’, Richard Sharp, Area Support Manager, Ramblers and Nick Brelsford, Partnerships Manager North West, Sustrans
- ‘Rail travel: Maximising opportunities for the visitor experience', Michael Stewart, General Manager for the Anglo Scot route, Virgin Rail and Anne Ridley, Operations Manager, Settle to Carlisle Railway Development Company
- ‘Bringing heritage to the visitor experience’, Karl Creaser, Principal Local Engagement Adviser, Historic England North West
There was an opportunity to network with other tourism businesses during a buffet lunch and a chance to look around Askham Hall.
There was a delegate rate of £20 plus vat to attend the Summit.
Previous Eden tourism summits:
Presentations from previous summits are available on request.
The Eden tourism network
The Eden Tourism Network was instrumental in suggesting the idea of a Summit, which demonstrates the strong working partnership our tourism team has with businesses like yourselves.