Village garden waste skips

Garden waste skip scheme in most villages replaces the scheme, which a private contractor use to provide. Skips are available for two weeks during the summer months, to dispose of household garden waste.

We use the garden waste in skips to make compost.

Joining the garden waste skip scheme

Contact your parish council to ask them to make a request to join the household garden waste scheme. 

Use the postcode property search to find your parish you live in, if you are unsure.

Why do I need to contact the parish council?

The parish council need to suggest a place to site the skip. Once the parish council find a site, we can establish an 'agreement' between the parish council and ourselves.

What happens once an agreement is in place?

Once an agreement is in place, we arrange for a garden waste skip for the village. The skip is available for use between April and October, for two weeks each month or until it is full.

What can I put in the garden waste skip?

You can put leaves, grass, twigs, clippings, roots, shoots and weeds into the skips from your garden.

How often will you review this scheme?

We will review the scheme each year.

Which villages have garden waste skips?

We provide skips for household garden waste at the following villages:

  • Bampton
  • Dufton
  • Glenridding
  • Great Asby
  • Hilton
  • Knock
  • Milburn
  • Mungrisdale
  • Murton
  • Nateby
  • Pooley Bridge
  • Ravenstonedale
  • Skelton
  • Skirwith
  • Threlkeld
  • Warcop
Last updated: Tuesday, 5 January, 2021.