The Freedom of Information Act 2000 (FOIA) provides a right of access to information held by public authorities. This right of access came into force on 1 January 2005.
Request for Information
Everyone has the right to request access to information from us, no matter who or where you are.
Requests for information are covered by the Freedom of Information Act 2000 if they:
- Are made in writing
- Include the name of the person making the request
- Include an address for correspondence
- Describe the information requested.
Please send us your request for information by letter, email or by form to the address below:
It will help us to process your request if you provide as much detail as you can.
Freedom of Information Act Policy and Procedure
The following documents outline the Council commitment.
FoI Related Information
For Further Information:
- Contact: FOI Assistant
- Email: FOI@eden.gov.uk
- Telephone: 01768 212218 / 212207
- Address: Eden District Council, Town Hall, Penrith, CA11 7QF
- Fax: 01768 890470