To set up an online direct debit you will need your:
- Council Tax reference number (9 digits long)
- The name(s) of the bank account holder(s)
- The bank account number
- The bank sort code
Set up direct debit (opens in a new window)
Once you have confirmed the direct debit you will receive written confirmation that the direct debit has been set up, this will include the dates and amounts of the payments to be collected from you bank account.
Or download the Council Tax direct debit form (PDF: 84Kb / 2 pages)
The Direct Debit Guarantee
- This Guarantee is offered by all Banks and Building Societies that take part in the Direct Debit Scheme. The efficiency and security of the scheme is monitored and protected by your own Bank or Building Society.
- If the amounts to be paid, or the payment dates change, Eden District Council will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited, or as otherwise agreed.
- If an error is made by Eden District Council, or your Bank or Building Society, you are guaranteed a full and immediate refund from your branch of the amount paid.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by writing to your Bank or Building Society. Please also send a copy of your letter to the Council.
For further information:
Contact: Local Taxation Team
Address: Eden District Council, Town Hall, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 7QF
Telephone: 01768 212242 / 01768 212216
Fax: 01768 890470