We aim to be an equal opportunity employer and are determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment.
Equality of Opportunity in Employment Policy Statement
- Eden District Council aims to be an equal opportunity employer and is determined to ensure that no applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, age, disability, religion, belief, sexual orientation, marital status, or race, or is disadvantaged by conditions or requirements which cannot be shown to be justifiable.
- This Authority will take steps within its power, and within the resources which can generally be made available from time to time, to meet this responsibility. In particular:
- Job advertisements will include a general declaration to the effect that the Authority aims to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Records will be maintained as a means of monitoring the Authority's policy and as a means of identifying possible areas of inequality.
- The operation of the policy will be regularly reviewed.
- Selection, recruitment, training and promotion practices and procedures will be reviewed to ensure that individuals are treated on the basis of their relevant merits and abilities.
- All employees in the Authority's service will be made fully aware of their responsibilities towards the promotion of this policy and provided with suitable training.
- All procedural documents (for example: grievance, discipline) will be reviewed to ensure compliance with the spirit and intention of the policy.
- The Authority will consult with the recognised trades unions on equal opportunities and they, in their turn, will encourage their membership to operate within the guidelines represented by this policy, and will actively co-operate in all measures to ensure the compliance of the Authority with this policy.
For further information:
- Contact: Human Resources
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01768 212210 / 212243
- Fax: 01768 980470
- Address: Eden District Council, Town Hall, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 7QF