We publish a Forward Plan of all key decisions to be taken during the following four months.
This current Forward Plan Period Plan 1: 12 Months to June 2015 (PDF: 57 Kb / 4 pages) begins on 1 April 2014. The Plan is updated monthly and will be available 14 days before the beginning of each four month period. Each new four month Plan supersedes the previous Plan. The Forward Plan is also available for inspection at The Town Hall, Penrith.
The Forward Plan Index, contains a list of the key decisions to be taken and the proposed date for the decision, it also contains significant decisions to be taken by the full Council for which the Executive has made recommendations. The page number refers to the Forward Plan Detail containing more information about each decision.
A 'key decision' is defined as an executive decision which, is likely:
- to result in the local authority incurring expenditure which is, or the making of savings which are, significant having regard to the local authority's budget for the service or function to which the decision relates; or
- to be significant in terms of its effects on communities living or working in an area comprising two or more wards or electoral divisions in the area of the local authority; and regard must be had to any guidance issued by the Secretary of State to determine the meaning of "significant".
Reports to the Executive or Council, and any background papers, will be available five working days before the decision making meeting. (some reports may contain confidential information and will not, therefore, be available to the public). If the Executive has a confidential report the consider, 28 clear days notice will be given of the intention to hold the meeting in private and the Notice of Intention to conduct business in private will be published on the website. The notice will include the report title, number and the reason it is likely to be heard in private. Representations on conducting the business in private can be made in writing to the Director of Corporate and Legal Services via the email address below.
A record of the decision will become available not later than five working days following the meeting.
For further information:
- Contact: Democratic Services
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01768 212218 / 212207
- Address: Eden District Council, Town Hall, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 7QF