It seems you are using Internet Explorer 6 (or maybe you just have css disabled). We no longer guarantee that our site will display as intended in this browser.
Accessibility options:
Eden District Council
Search our Site

Reporting crime and antisocial behaviour

Major Emergencies

Major emergency arrangements can be put in place to deal with any major incidents.

Read Cumbria County Council's on emergencies in Cumbria.


Only call 999 if a crime is happening now, or if anyone is in immediate danger. For other services see emergency numbers.

Non-emergency incidents and issues

Call the police on 101 (24 hours a day, 7 days a week) if a non-emergency incident is happening now or to report and get police help with other non-emergency issues. You can also use this number to contact your local police station or seek advice or information on other police matters.

You can also report minor or non-urgent crime by contacting Cumbria Constabulary.

If you have a hearing or speech impairment, send a text message, text:

  • Where you are
  • Why you need help
  • to 07786 208 999

Antisocial behaviour

Anti social behaviour blights our lives and our communities, there is no need to suffer in silence, if antisocial behaviour is a problem in your area, please inform us by contacting Cumbria Constabulary.

Drug debris

There are a number of hazards associated with handling discarded needles and syringes and if discovered you should contact us to have them safely removed and disposed.

Hate crime

For advice if you or anyone you know is being abused see the information on hate crime. In an emergency always call 999.

Domestic violence

The National Domestic Violence Freephone Helpline's fully trained female staff provide support, help and information 24 hours a day, telephone 0808 2000 247. Advice is also available on the NHS webpage getting help for domestic violence. In an emergency always call 999.

Your neighbourhood

To talk to your local police about ongoing crime and antisocial behaviour issues, more information is available on the Cumbria Constabulary's webpage on neighbourhood-overview.

Consider joining your local Neighbourhood Watch for details see Cumbria Neighbourhood Watch Association.

To see a crime map of your area go to:

Report a crime anonymously

To report crime anonymously please visit or phone 0800 555 111.

Cumbria Community Messaging

Allows you to report crime and anti-social behaviour in your area. To find out more and to register go to Cumbria Community Messaging website.

Wildlife and Rural Crime

Wildlife crime takes many forms, from people shooting at birds with air guns in the local park to the more organised crimes of badger baiting and the trade in endangered species. For information on wildlife crime, rural crime and horse watch see Cumbria Constabulary webpage on wildlife rural crime.

Noise nuisance

For information about noise nuisance dealt with by us see noise, to report noise nuisance complete the noise report form.

Begging, prostitution and drinking in the street

Issues such as rough sleeping, begging, street based sex work (prostitution) and street drinking can be reported to the Police. For information about drinking in public places see designated public place order.

Broken street lights

Street lights can be owned and maintained by a number of different agencies and individuals.

Graffiti, fly-tipping and abandoned vehicles

Graffiti is inscriptions, slogans or drawings scratched, scribbled or painted on walls or surfaces of public or private property. You can report a problem by completing the graffiti and vandalism online form.

If you are concerned about an abandoned vehicle (or caravan) that appears to have been parked in the same position for a period of time and you think it has been abandoned you may report it by completing the online Abandoned Vehicle Report form.

The fly-tipping of controlled waste is a serious criminal offence which carries a fine of up to £20,000 (unlimited if indicted to the Crown Court) or an offender can even be sent to prison. It is important to realise that it is also an offence to permit fly-tipping. To report fly-tipping please complete the online fly-tipping report form.

For further information:

  • Contact: Customer Services
  • Address: Eden District Council, Town Hall Penrith CA11 7QF
  • Telephone: 01768 817817
  • Email:
  • Fax: 01768 890470