Needles or syringes found in a public places you should be reported to us straight away telephone 01768 817 817 and we will safely dispose of them. We advise you not to handle discarded needles.
Needles or syringes found in play areas or anywhere else where children play may be a danger to them and need to be removed urgently. At weekends please call our out of hour's number for advice. If you decide to remove needles or syringes yourself:
- make sure you wear disposable gloves
- use tweezers to pick them up
- place the discarded needles in a glass bottle or jar
- put in a safe place locked away
- ask us to collect the bottle for disposal telephone 01768 817 817
We do not collect needles or syringes from commercial sites or properties and we will not enter properties to collect discarded needles or syringes.
For further information:
- Contact: Contracts Team
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01768 817 817
- Address: Eden District Council, Mansion House, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 7YG