Residents Parking Permit schemes enable residents who live in restricted parking zones in Penrith and Appleby to apply for parking permits. Parking permits normally last for two years. When you receive your permit please take a note of the expiry date as you will not be reminded to renew your permit. You can renew your permit a month in advance. These schemes are supported by Cumbria County Council.
Penrith Residents Parking Permit Scheme
We issue Penrith Parking Scheme permits, for more information either:
How to apply or renew a Penrith residents parking permit?
You need to apply in person at the Town Hall, Penrith. You will need to bring with the following documents.
- Proof of current residence in the parking zone, for example current Council Tax bill.
- Registration document of your vehicle or vehicles
For company cars different documents are required see:
Penrith Controlled Parking Zone Information for Residents (PDF: 291Kb / 5 pages)
You can also email for assistance and advice anytime to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Appleby Residents Parking Permit Scheme
Cumbria Highways issue Appleby Residents Parking Scheme permits. General telephone enquiries should be made on 01228 606060.
How to apply an Appleby residents parking permit?
You need to apply in person at Cumbria Highways offices at Skirsgill, Penrith. You will need to bring with the following documents:
- Proof of current residence in the parking zone, for example current Council Tax bill, rent book or utility bill.
- Registration document of your vehicle or vehicles, or documentation that ties your car to the property you live in.
How to renew your Appleby residents parking permit?
After two years you will need to renew your permit, you will not be reminded. You need to call in at Cumbria Highways, Skirsgill, Penrith. They will check to see you are still a resident at the same address before issuing a new parking permit.
For further information on Appleby residents' parking permits scheme
- Contact: Cumbria Highways, Skirsgill Depot, Skirsgill, Penrith CA10 2BQ
- Telephone: 0845 6096609
- Email: email@example.com