Eden District Council
Search our Site

Contractor's Parking Permits

Contractor working within a controlled parking zone

A Contractor working at a residential premises within a disc zone or resident's parking zone should be issued with a Visitor Permit from the resident of the property. If the work is going to take a number of days then a Contractor's Permit can be applied for.

A Contractor working at business premises within a disc zone can also apply for a Contractor's Permit.

How to apply for a Contractor's Permit

If you are a Contractor wishing to park in close proximity to work being carried out you should contact Cumbria County Council to discuss on-street parking permit arrangements.

Emergency call outs

Contractors may be subject to emergency call outs and require parking at short notice. A Visitor Permit should be used in these circumstances. If this is not available contractors still need to contact Cumbria County Council to discuss any emergency parking permit arrangements that may be possible.

Parking the vehicle

It is the responsibility of the driver to ensure that a vehicle is parked correctly and that an appropriate permit is clearly displayed in the windscreen. If an appropriate permit is not clearly displayed this may result in the issue of a Penalty Charge Notice.

Was this page helpful?