Eden District Council
Search our Site

Legal advice and representation in court

Advice and assistance

Keeping up with rent or mortgage payments should be your top financial priority. If you are having problems paying your rent or mortgage you should discuss the situation with your landlord or mortgage lender. The sooner you deal with the situation, the more options you will have and the less chance that you will lose your home.

If you are facing threat of eviction you can contact:

  • Eden Housing Association - telephone 0800 1833 948, their housing options service offers free advice and assistance, or

  • Cumbria Law Centre - telephone 01228 515129, who offer free legal housing and advice service at Eden Citizens Advice Bureau (CAB) office in Penrith on Wednesdays. If you would like to use this service please make an appointment with a member of the Eden's CAB staff - telephone 01768 891 503.

For more information:

  • Contact: The Housing Team
  • Address: Eden District Council, Mansion House, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 7YG
  • Telephone: 01768 817817
  • Email: housing@eden.gov.uk

Was this page helpful?