Eden District Council
Search our Site

Frequently asked questions about housing

Are there any grants available for converting or renovating my property?

There are no longer any grants available for converting or renovating property. Although, decent homes assistance is available for repairs or the removal of health and safety hazards in a home. A grant for disabled aids and adaptations is also provided see disabled facilities grants.

I am having problems with my rented property. Who do I contact?

If the property is privately rented contact the Housing Team see details below. If you rent from a Housing Association, please contact them directly.

Is there somewhere I can donate unwanted furniture and household items?

Yes, you can donate furniture, bikes, and white goods to be recycled by Impact Furniture Services telephone: 01768 210555.

Is there a list of all the Housing Associations who work in Eden and the properties they own?

We have a list of all housing associations who work in Eden and private landlords with properties for rent in Eden.

How do I put my name down for a Housing Association property?

If you would like to join the housing register read how to join the housing register.

Cumbria choice went live in April nearly all Council and Housing Associations across Cumbria are now letting their properties through Choice Based Lettings. To find out more contact Eden Housing Association of follow the link to Cumbria Choice.

For further information:

  • Contact: The Housing Team
  • Email: Housing.services@eden.gov.uk
  • Telephone: 01768 817 817
  • Address: Eden District Council, Mansion House, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 7YG 

Was this page helpful?