The Right to Buy scheme is a Government run scheme. It gives qualifying social tenants in England the right to buy their home at a discount. Changes in the Right to Buy scheme mean the maximum discount has been increased. Changes to the scheme came into effect on Monday 2 April 2012.
Who can buy?
If you are a secure tenant (that is you were a council tenant before 1997) you may be able to purchase the property you live in through the Right to Buy: buying your Council home.
Who cannot buy?
- any tenant who has a service tenancy in connection with their job.
- any sheltered housing tenant
- any tenant whose home has been adapted or is particularly suitable for use by the disabled or elderly.
What discount might I receive?
The amount will depend on the amount of time that you have been a tenant. More information can be found on GOV.UK webpage on Right to Buy or helping people to buy their home.
For further information:
- Contact: Eden Housing Association
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Telephone: 01768 861400
- Out of hours: Emergencies 01768 861434
- Fax: 0870 0511685
- Address: Blain House, Bridge Lane, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 8QU