Eden District Council
Search our Site

Food related complaints

Food and food premises complaints

We will investigate food complaints and complaints regarding food premises. The type of complaints we investigated include:

  • Foreign matter in food for example: glass, hair, metal.
  • Poor food handling practices in shops and catering premises.
  • Dirty conditions of food premises.

If you wish to make a complaint about any of the above matters you can make a complaint online to the Food, Health and Safety Team.

Food composition and labelling

For complaints relating to food composition and labelling are dealt with by Trading Standards at Cumbria County Council.

For further information

  • Contact: Food, Health and Safety Team.
  • Email: env.health@eden.gov.uk
  • Telephone: 01768 212 491
  • Address: Eden District Council, Mansion House, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 7YG

Was this page helpful?