Accessibility options:
Eden District Council
Search our Site

Food Related Complaints

We will investigate food complaints and complaints regarding food premises. The type of complaints investigated include:

  • foreign matter in food for example: glass, hair, metal
  • poor food handling practices in shops and catering premises
  • dirty conditions of food premises

If you wish to make a complaint about any of the above matters you can make a complaint online to the Food, Health and Safety Team.

Complaints relating to food composition and labelling are dealt with by the Cumbria County Council's trading standards.

For further information

  • Contact: Food, Health and Safety Team
  • Address: Mansion House, Penrith CA11 7YG
  • Telephone: 01768 212491
  • Email:
  • Fax: 01768 890732

Was this page helpful?