Food Safety is the responsibility of the Food, Health and Safety Team, they look after 1100 registered food premises within Eden that store, prepare and / or sell food. The team is responsible for enforcement of food hygiene within the district. This includes the following:
- the routine inspection of all premises that prepare and sell food, including shops, restaurants, takeaways, nursing homes, staff canteens, children's day nurseries, mobile food vehicles, ice cream vans and food manufacturers etc.
- the investigation of food complaints and complaints relating to food premises
- the investigation of suspected food poisoning outbreaks
- the investigation of national Food Hazard Warnings that affect premises within the district
- the provision of advice to businesses and members of the public on food related issues
- sampling of food produced and sold in the district
You can make a complaint online by completing food / health and safety team complaint online form.
For Further Information
Contact: Food, Health and Safety Team
Telephone 01768 212491
Fax: 01768 890732
Address: Environmental Services Section, Eden District Council, Mansion House, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 7YG