Accessibility options:
Eden District Council
Search our Site

Complaints about our services

Complaints can take two forms:

A complaint that asks us to do something (a service request). An example of this could be a complaint about noise or litter. To make this sort of complaint please find the appropriate service request form or use the contact information on a page dealing with that particular service request. If you are not sure who to tell about your complaint please use the enquiry or suggestion form. (If you use this form you will probably be asked to provide more information before we can start dealing with your request. It is better to use the appropriate form wherever possible).

A complaint about some action that the Council has or hasn't done (usually following a service request). This type of complaint will start the complaints procedure. This is explained in more detail below.

Formal complaints

The Council aims to provide quality services to all of its customers at all times, and to be efficient and pleasant in our dealings with customers. We recognise, however, that even the best services can go wrong and we want to know if you think we have got it wrong. We welcome comments and complaints. They give us the chance to put things right and improve services.

How to complain

To help you tell us when something is wrong and to explain what we will do to resolve matters before making any complaint please read our complaints procedure.

To make a formal complaint:

  • complete the online formal complaints form
  • print and complete the complaint form (PDF: 72Kb / pages)
  • Write to: Director of Corporate and Legal Services, Eden District Council, Town Hall, Penrith, CA11 7QF
  • Telephone: 01768 817817
  • Visit in person: the reception at the Town Hall, Penrith or the reception at the Mansion House, Penrith.

Complaints can also be made to the Local Government Ombudsman.

Complaints about Councillors

For information on making a complaint about a District Councillors or Parish Councillors for Eden District see standards of conduct in local government.

For further information:

  • Contact: Director of Corporate and Legal Services
  • Address: Eden District Council, Town Hall, Penrith, Cumbria CA11 7QF
  • Telephone: 01768 817817

Was this page helpful?