Everyone at Eden District Council is committed to providing our customers with a professional, personal and friendly service. We want to deliver the best possible service to all our residents and visitors. To ensure that you receive a high quality service, we aim:
For personal visits to our offices:
- To attend to you promptly and politely. This should be as soon as is reasonably possible and within 5 minutes of you arrival.
- To action your request or satisfy your enquiry at the first point of enquiry, wherever possible.
- To create and maintain a welcoming atmosphere in our reception areas.
- To provide disabled access and hearing loop facilities.
- To make a private area available to discuss sensitive issues.
- To display and communicate clear opening times.
For your telephone calls:
- To answer your calls promptly and usually within 15 seconds.
- To answer all calls professionally and with a personal greeting.
- To only release a transfer call, when it is established that someone is there to take the call.
- To only transfer a call to a Voice Mail service, on the request or agreement of the caller.
- To acknowledge all telephone messages received in the Contact Centre within 1 working day.
For home visits:
- To provide home visits when necessary. All officers will carry and display clear Eden District Council identification.
- To respond to your correspondence within 10 working days. For complex enquires where a full reply may take longer than this, an interim response will be sent out within 10 days and the full response completed within 20 working days.
- To respond to all e-mail enquiries within 1 working day.
In general, we aim to:
- Keep any appointments that we make.
- Respect and treat all of our customers fairly and equally.
- Ensure that all employees carry and display an Eden District Council identify card.
- Be polite and courteous in all our actions.
- Produce readily accessible accurate and up to date information on all of the services we provide.
- Provide a translation service on request to enable effective communication with any customers whose first language is not English.
In return for this commitment we would ask that you:
- Treat all of our employees with politeness and respect.
- Inform us clearly about how we can help you.
- Keep appointments with us, or inform us promptly if you are unable to do so.
- Provide any documents or information we need to manage your enquiry.
- Ask us to explain anything you are not sure about.
- Give us the opportunity to rectify any errors or misunderstandings.
- Tell us about the service you have received
If you have any questions or issues about our Customer Charter, we would be pleased to hear from you.
Contact us by: