Everyone at Eden District Council is committed to providing our customers with a professional, personal and friendly service. We want to deliver the best possible service to all our residents and visitors. To ensure that you receive a high quality service, we aim:
For personal visits to our offices:
- To attend to you promptly and politely. This should be as soon as is reasonably possible and within 5 minutes of you arrival.
- To action your request or satisfy your enquiry at the first point of enquiry, wherever possible.
- To create and maintain a welcoming atmosphere in our reception areas.
- To provide disabled access and hearing loop facilities.
- To make a private area available to discuss sensitive issues.
- To display and communicate clear opening times.
For your telephone calls:
- To answer your calls promptly and usually within 15 seconds.
- To answer all calls professionally and with a personal greeting.
- To only release a transfer call, when it is established that someone is there to take the call.
- To only transfer a call to a Voice Mail service, on the request or agreement of the caller.
- To acknowledge all telephone messages received in the Contact Centre within 1 working day.
For home visits:
- To provide home visits when necessary. All officers will carry and display clear Eden District Council identification.
- To respond to your correspondence within 10 working days. For complex enquires where a full reply may take longer than this, an interim response will be sent out within 10 days and the full response completed within 20 working days.
- To respond to all e-mail enquiries within 1 working day.
In general, we aim to:
- Keep any appointments that we make.
- Respect and treat all of our customers fairly and equally.
- Ensure that all employees carry and display an Eden District Council identify card.
- Be polite and courteous in all our actions.
- Produce readily accessible accurate and up to date information on all of the services we provide.
- Provide a translation service on request to enable effective communication with any customers whose first language is not English.
In return for this commitment we would ask that you:
- Treat all of our employees with politeness and respect.
- Inform us clearly about how we can help you.
- Keep appointments with us, or inform us promptly if you are unable to do so.
- Provide any documents or information we need to manage your enquiry.
- Ask us to explain anything you are not sure about.
- Give us the opportunity to rectify any errors or misunderstandings.
- Tell us about the service you have received
If you have any questions or issues about our Customer Charter, we would be pleased to hear from you.
To contact us, simply choose from the following options.