- Council Tax registration and billing
- Benefits: Housing Benefit and Council Tax Benefit
- Business Rates
- Democratic Services
- Environmental Services
- Environmental Health
- Pest control
- Community Warden service
- Footway lighting
- Housing Services
- Housing Associations
- Planning Applications and Planning Policy
- Register of Electors
- Refuse collection
- Street cleansing
You can also access various District Council policy, strategy and consultative documents as well as committee agendas and minutes.
- NoWcard (bus pass) applications
- Adult Education
- Children's Services
- Kirkby Stephen Household Waste Recycling Centre
- Democratic Services
- Disabled Person's Car Badges
- Highways and street lighting
- Library and Archive Services
- Public Rights of Way
- Public Transport information
- The Registration Service
- Social Services
- Student Support (including issuing and verifying applications for free school meals and clothing grants)
- Trading Standards.
County Council policy, strategy and consultative documents as well as committee agendas and minutes are also available for the public to view.
- Venue for monthly meetings.
- Reporting matters of local interest or concern
- Information on local issues.
As a Community Centre, it provides community support and helps to facilitate community development. The Centre provides information and assists with queries on a range of subjects including job search, social security benefits, health issues, local voluntary agencies and community groups and activities. Private consultations and home visits are available as appropriate The Centre also provides public computer and internet access and access to Council websites, advice websites, health websites and for job search purposes is all free. The Centre manages community use of the rooms and facilities at the Local Links premises.
Works in partnership with...
The Community and Council Centre works in partnership with other agencies such as Eden Citizens Advice Bureau, Penrith Jobcentre Plus, the Pension Service, Eden Time Bank, Cumbria Mental Health Group, Bridging the Gap Project for Hard of Hearing People, Age UK and adult education providers to improve local people's access to services and opportunities. Some of these organisations hold advice sessions or drop-ins at the Centre. Many local community groups use the Centre and its facilities for meetings and activities.
Monday, Wednesday and Friday: 10am-12.30pm and 1:30-5pm.
Further information and contact details:
www.kirkby-stephen.com has further information about Kirkby Stephen Community and Council Centre.
- Contact: Community and Council Centre
- Address: Kirkby Stephen Local Links,Old Grammar School, Vicarage Lane, Kirkby Stephen, CA17 4QX
- Telephone: 017683 71775
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org