We can provide permanent and temporary assisted collection service. This service is for households where no able bodied persons are living in the property. Meaning there is no one able to carry their blue bags, green box, or green bags or place out garden waste bin because of disability or ill health.
How to apply
If you are applying on someone's behalf we will need your details along with the details of the applicant and the requested relevant medical information.
To apply for an assisted collection please:
Once you register an interest in the assisted collection service, you will receive the service as soon as possible. If you have not completed a form, one will be sent to you. The form should be completed and returned to the above address with the medical evidence. If we have not spoken to you already, we will phone you to make you aware that our contractor will visit your property to make an assessment.
You will also need to provide supporting medical evidence with your application. Accepted forms of evidence are as follows:
- A medical certificate obtained from your Doctor
- Evidence of being registered disabled, for example: a blue badge
- A written letter from a carer (this may be a healthcare professional or someone who regularly visits to care for you at your home)
- We can accept forms directly posted from your Doctor or carer but we are unable to reimburse any costs involved.
If the evidence provided in support of your application is found to be incorrect, we reserve the right to terminate the service.
Assessments are carried out by our approved contractors CWR and Enterprise, these will take place within 4 weeks from when you contacted us.
If the assessment raises any concerns, a member of our Contracts team will be required to make another assessment. If we are not happy with this, we reserve the right to withdraw the service.
Renew your assisted collection
- A renewal letter will be sent to you every 2 years if you select a permanent assisted collection
- Temporary assisted collection will end on the date provided unless we are told otherwise.
- You must inform us immediately if your circumstances change at any time
For Further Information