Most dog owners are responsible and clean up after their pets, but a small number continue to cause problems.
Dog fouling which is left on footpaths and playing fields is a health risk to people and can cause the infection 'Toxocariasis' which can lead to blindness.
The Fouling of Land by Dogs (District of Eden) Order 2008 designates areas of land where owners must pick up after their dogs or face a fixed penalty ticket of £75 and possibly a fine of up to £1000.
When you walk your dog always remember to take a bag or poop scoop like you'd remember a lead. Remember rain does not wash the problem away.
You can put wrapped dog waste in:
- a dog waste bin (for your nearest click on the map opposite.)
- a litter bin (there are over 350 in Eden)
- or take it home and put it in your blue household waste bag.
It is every dog owners duty to clean up after their dog. Don't give all dog owners a bad name.
How to inform us about dog fouling
For Further Information:
- Contact: Community Warden
- Address: Mansion House, Penrith CA11 7YG
- Telephone: 01768 212490
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 01768 890732