||Councillor J G Thompson
Ms D Wicks
||Mr K Hutchinson - Principal Development Control Officer
Mr A McNally - Enforcement Officer
Mr C Potter - Legal Services Manager
|Democratic Services Officer:
||Mrs Rosalyn Richardson
Pla/1/5/12 Appointment of Vice-Chairman
Nomination by Councillor I Torkington
Seconded by Councillor G Bowen
and RESOLVED that Councillor D Whipp be appointed as Vice-Chairman of the Planning Committee for the 2012-2013 municipal year.
Pla/2/5/12 Declarations of Interest
- Councillor M Holliday declared a personal and prejudicial interest in respect of application 11/0895 (application 2 on agenda item 6a) as his wife was related to the applicant.
Pla/3/5/12 Planning Issues
RESOLVED that the:
- applications determined under delegated powers for the month of April 2012 - Appendix 1 (PDF: 228Kb / 9 pages);
- reasons for refusal on delegated decisions for the month of April 2012 - Appendix 2 (PDF: 134 Kb / 3 pages); and
- decisions of the Lake District National park Authority in respect of the applications for planning permission for the month of April 2012 - Appendix 3 (PDF: 92Kb / 1 page)
The Chairman advised that additional information relating to item 2 on the applications for debate for Planning Application No 11/0895 at Cranstons, had just been received and passed to the Highways Authority for comment.
Moved by Councillor H Sawrey-Cookson
Seconded by Councillor D Harding
and RESOLVED that this application be deferred until the following meeting of this Committee to enable all the information to be available.
Pla/4/5/12 Planning Issues - Applications for Debate (Green Papers)
The Committee was advised of the applications requiring a decision by Members as detailed in a report of the Head of Planning Services.
- the following applications for planning permissions ("those applications") are determined as indicated hereunder;
- those applications which are approved be approved under the Town and Country Planning Act, 1990, subject to any detailed conditions set out in the Report, to any conditions set out below and to any conditions as to time stipulated under Sections 91 and 92 of the Act;
- those applications which are refused be refused for the reasons set out in the report and/or any reasons set out below;
- those applications which the Head of Planning Services is given delegated powers to approve under the Town and Country Planning Act, 1990, be approved by him subject to any detailed conditions set out in the Report, to any conditions as to time stipulated under Sections 91 and 92 of the Act, to the receipt of satisfactory replies.
Pla/5/5/12 Extension to Dwelling at Low Dale Banks, Crosby Ravensworth for Mrs J Miller (Planning Application No: 12/0124)
The Committee received a presentation from Mr Smith objecting to the application.
The Committee received a presentation from Mr Foskett, the applicant’s agent, in support of the application.
RESOLVED that the application be APPROVED subject to the following conditions:
- The development permitted shall be begun before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
- The development hereby granted shall be carried out strictly in accordance with the details and plans hereby approved (drawing no 950 02 07A, 950 02 08A, 950 02 09A and 950 02 10 received 10 February 2012) with the exception of the requirements of condition 3 and shall not be varied other than by prior agreement in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
- Notwithstanding the plans hereby approved, stone facing to match existing shall be applied to the rear garden dining room / shower room wall elevation and the rear garden garage / workshop and rear west facing garage / workshop elevations.
- In order to comply with the provisions of the Planning and Compulsory Purchase Act 2004.
- To ensure a satisfactory development and to avoid any ambiguity as to what constitutes the permission.
In order to secure a satisfactory form of design in accordance with the requirements of Eden Core Strategy Policy CS18 - Design of New Development.
Pla/6/5/12 Proposed General Purpose Agricultural Building, Wayside, Crackenthorpe, Appleby for Mr R D Hall (Planning Application No: 11/1026)
Moved by Councillor M Holliday
Seconded by Councillor M Slee
and RESOLVED that Members be MINDED TO REFUSE the application on the grounds that there is no proven need for the scale of the agricultural building proposed.
Members were reminded that the application would be brought back to the next meeting of the Committee for further consideration.
Pla/7/5/12 Full Planning Permission for the Erection of 8 Dwellings (Including Affordable Provision of 4 Dwellings) at Field at High Bell Garth, Low Hesket for Mr W McKnight (Planning Application No: 12/0121)
RESOLVED that delegated power be given to the Head of Planning Services to grant planning permission subject to the applicant first entering into a Section 106 Agreement to the absolute satisfaction of the Director of Corporate and Legal Services and the Head of Planning Services requiring the provision of 50% of the development to be affordable housing equating to 4 No dwellings in this instance and subject to the payment of the Council’s reasonable legal costs, and subject to the following conditions:
- The development permitted shall be begun either before the expiration of three years from the date of this permission.
- The development hereby permitted shall be carried out strictly in accordance with the details and plans hereby approved (details shown on the unreferenced site location plan dated received 10 February 2012 and drawing Nos. 2011/450/002, 03, 04, 05, 15 and 18 all dated received 10 February 2012) and shall not be varied other than by prior agreement in writing by the Local Planning Authority.
- That the affordable dwellings hereby approved shall be fully completed and made available for occupation prior to the occupation of any of the market led dwellings.
- That notwithstanding the details shown on the approved plans no permission is hereby granted in respect of the external finished materials and colours. Prior to the commencement of work on site the developer shall submit full details and specification of the external materials and their finished colours, where necessary supported by samples, for the agreement in writing of the Council as Planning Authority. Thereafter the scheme shall be undertaken strictly in accordance with the approved scheme.
- That none of the market led houses herby approved shall be occupied prior to the affordable houses, comprising plot 1-4 inclusive, being completed and made available for occupation.
- In order to comply with the provisions of the Town and Country Planning Act 1990.
- For the avoidance of doubt and to define the terms of the planning permission.
- To ensure that the affordable dwellings are provided within this scheme.
- To ensure that the materials and external colour finishes harmonise with the area.
- To ensure that the affordable housing hereby by approved is delivered as part of the scheme
Pla/8/5/12 Date of Next Meeting
It was confirmed that the next full meeting of the Planning Committee was scheduled for 21 June 2012, commencing at 9.30am.
The meeting closed at 2.05pm