Notice is hereby given and you are hereby summoned to attend a meeting of the Council to be held at 6.45pm on Thursday 14 June 2012 at the Town Hall, Penrith.
1. Apologies for Absence
2. Declarations of Interest
To receive declarations of the existence and nature of any personal interests and/or personal interests which are prejudicial in any matter to be considered during the meeting.
- the public minutes Cl/1/5/12 to Cl/17/5/12; and
- the confidential minute Cl/18/5/12/
of the meeting of Council held on 3 may 2012 be confirmed and signed by the Chairman as a correct record of those proceedings (copies previously circulated).
4. Chairman's Announcements
5. Questions by the Public
To receive questions from the public under Rule 10 of the Constitution
6. Questions by Members
To receive questions from Members under Rule 12 of the Constitution
7. Motions on Notice
To consider motions on notice under Rule 13 of the Constitution (PDF: 32 Kb / 1 page)and
Motion on Notice Councillor M Holliday 1 (PDF: 41 Kb / 1 page)
Motion on Notice Councillor M Holliday 2 (PDF: 80 Kb / 1 page) and
Motion on Notice Councillor J Thompson (PDF: 75 Kb / 1 page)
8.Code of Conduct and the New Standards Regime
To consider report CLS55/12 of the Director of Corporate and Legal Services (PDF: 374 Kb / 9 pages) and
Appendix 1 (PDF: 440 Kb / 16 pages) ,
Appendix 2 (PDF: 443 Kb / 10 pages) and
Appendix 3 (PDF: 733 Kb / 11 pages)
which recommends Council to adopt a code of conduct which will apply to all Members of the Council and approve the process by which any complaints against district or parish council members will be considered.
- the Code of Conduct which was recommended for adoption by the Standards Committee be adopted from 1 July 2012;
- the functions and terms of reference of the statutory Standards Committee be transferred to the Accounts and Governance Committee with effect from 1 July 2012;
- the Accounts and Governance Committee be enabled to appoint subcommittees of its membership to hear and determine complaints under the Code of Conduct and in relation to parish councillors;
- the Accounts and Governance Committee be enabled to co-opt up to three independent and three parish council representatives to sit on and participate in any panel or sub-committee which is established to consider any complaint which may be made under or any issue relating to the Code of Conduct;
- the model arrangements which were recommended by the Standards Committee be adopted with the amendments which were approved;
- parish councils within Eden be encouraged to adopt the Code of Conduct;
- an allowance of £100 per annum and incidental travelling expenses be paid to each independent person and parish council representative who is co-opted to consider any complaint under the Code of Conduct.
9. Review of Polling Districts
To consider report CLS57-12 of the Director of Corporate and Legal Services (PDF: 67 Kb / 5 pages) which advises Members of the outcome of the review of polling districts recently carried out by the Director of Corporate and Legal Services as the Returning Officer.
RECOMMENDATION that:the alternative locations for the polling stations in Howtown Parish Room at Pooley Bridge, Nateby School Room at the Dining Room at the Black Bull, Glassonby Methodist Sunday School at Gamblesby Methodist School Room, and Brougham Chapel temporarily at Brougham Gardens be approved.
- the Director of Corporate and Legal Services (as the Returning Officer) be authorised to make arrangements, if practicable, for an alternative venue to replace the polling station at a front room at Corney Square.
10. Disclosable Pecuniary Interests
To consider the report CLS58/12of the Director of Corporate and Legal Services (PDF: 141 Kb / 8 pages) which advises Members of the contents of the draft regulations which have been published in relation to the disclosure of pecuniary interests.
- Members note and take account of the nature of the interests which will require to be disclosed in the Council's Register.
- the procedural rules relating to the notification of an interest at and withdrawal from a meeting referred to in paragraphs 3.9.3 and 3.9.4 of the report be adopted.
11. Date of Next Scheduled Meeting: Date of next meeting 26 July 2012