The Chairman is the first citizen of Eden District and is a serving Councillor. Councillors John Thompson and Pat Godwin were elected as Chairman and Vice Chairman of the Council at its annual meeting in May. The Chairman and Vice Chairman serve the District for one year.
Role of the Chairman
The main role of the Chairman is to act as the non-political, civic and ceremonial head of the District of Eden. The role of the Chairman also includes:
- Chairing meetings of the Council;
- Communication with private and voluntary sector organisations across the District;
- Acting as official host to visitors to the District;
- To represent the District at ceremonial events;
- To promote public involvement in the Council's activities.
Invitations to the Chairman
The Chairman welcomes invitations to attend events in the District. Invitations are dealt with strictly in order of receipt. The Chairman likes to be well briefed about any function to be attended, therefore it is best that you provide as much information as possible. On some occasions it may not be possible for the Chairman to attend. Should this be the case the Vice-Chairman will deputise for the Chairman where possible.
Contacting the Chairman
In Writing: Chairman's Secretary, Town Hall, Penrith CA11 7QF
Telephone: 01768 212133
Fax: 01768 890470
Please click here to view the answers to the All About Eden Quiz