To set up a direct debit you will need your:
- Business rates reference number (8 digits long)
- The name(s) of the bank account holder(s)
- The bank account number
- The bank sort code
Download the direct debit form (PDF: 233Kb / 2 pages)
The Direct Debit Guarantee
- This Guarantee is offered by all Banks and Building Societies that take part in the Direct Debit Scheme. The efficiency and security of the scheme is monitored and protected by your own Bank or Building Society.
- If the amounts to be paid, or the payment dates change, Eden District Council will notify you 10 working days in advance of your account being debited, or as otherwise agreed.
- If an error is made by Eden District Council, or your Bank or Building Society, you are guaranteed a full and immediate refund from your branch of the amount paid.
- You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by writing to your Bank or Building Society. Please also send a copy of your letter to the Council.
Standing Order application form
To complete the form you will need the same information as for setting up a Direct Debit.
Download the standing order form (PDF: 39Kb / 1 page)
For further information about making payments:
Contact: the Local Taxation Team:
Address: Revenues and Benefits Section, Town Hall, Penrith CA11 7QF
Telephone: 01768 212220 or 212232
Fax: 01768 890470