Eden District Council
Search our Site

Business Rates: rateable value appeals

If you believe the rateable value of your property is not correct, you can ask the Valuation Office to change it. For more information see GOV.UK webpage Business rates appeals.

Please note that a disputed rateable value is not a reason for withholding payment of Business Rates. Be very wary if you are approached by anyone who offers to make a proposal to the Valuation Office to reduce your Business Rates in return for payment. If you wish to use such a third party to challenge your rateable value, please ensure they are regulated by one of the following:

  • Member of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
    Telephone: 024 7686 8555
  • Institute of Revenues, Rating and Valuation (IRRV)
    Telephone: 0207 831 3505

Was this page helpful?