Accessibility options:
Eden District Council
Search our Site

Council Tax

Council Tax is a tax levied on domestic properties. There are just over 25,000 domestic properties in the Eden area. The amount you pay will depend on which band your property falls into.

There are both exemptions and discounts that can be applied to a property or the people who own and or live in properties. For further information on discounts and exemptions please use one of the links on the left of this page. If you wish to speak to a member of staff please use the numbers below.

The money Eden collects is used to fund services provided by various bodies the main ones being: Eden District Council, Cumbria County Council and Cumbria Police Authority.

Further information about Council Tax including how the money is spent can be found in the latest edition of Eye on Eden.

If you have any queries or need to tell us about a change of address or other details you can email us at the following address or telephone 01768 212216 / 212242. You may also call at the Town Hall, Monday to Thursday 8:45am 5:15pm, Friday 8:45am to 4:45pm.

You can check the Council Tax Band for a property and get further information about how properties are banded on the Valuation Office Agency (VOA) website.

Are you satisfied with the service you have been offered?

We try to ensure that we deal with your Council Tax as quickly and as accurately as possible. In order to continuously improve the service we offer, we are grateful for any comments you would like to make about any aspect relating to Council Tax. You can do this by either:

Was this page helpful?