Linking from this site to yours
In general we will not link to commercial sites. We may link to external sites that provide a useful service to the public although this is entirely at our discretion. To request a link from this site to yours please use the link request form. This form will provide us with all the information we need to evaluate the request. Any link requests received by other means will be ignored.
We will support the following bodies through linking:
- Government, public sector and education sector bodies - as appropriate when identified by specific Council services or when deemed to be useful to residents or other stakeholders.
- Local registered charities - groups within the district, if officially nominated by us or the Council Chairman.
- Voluntary groups or services - if they are funded by us, and then only as part of appropriate content generated by the Council service supplying the funding.
We will not support any of the following through advertising or linking:
- Political pressure groups.
- International and national charities - these organisations already have significant exposure through the media and other outlets.
- Sites which include content that could be construed as distasteful, controversial or offensive.
We are not responsible for the content or reliability of linked websites. Linking to an external site should not be taken as any kind of endorsement. We cannot guarantee that these links will work all of the time and have no control over the availability of linked pages. We regularly check the validity of external links. If we find a site we link to is not working we will temporarily remove the link on our site. If the site continues to be problematic the link on our site will be removed permanently with no notice.
Linking to our websites
We welcome links to our websites providing that you follow these guidelines:
- try to use the title of the page you are linking to as your link text and clearly state that the link is going to our site. If you open the link in a new window please inform the user that this will happen within the link text.
- monitor your link to ensure that is current. We can not inform you if we move or delete a page.
We reserve the right to request that any link in breach of these terms be removed and to take whatever other action we deem appropriate.
You must not:
- duplicate, copy, reproduce content from our websites
- create a frame or border environment around our website content
- deep link to any of our content and by doing so pass it off as your own
- imply in any way that we endorse your website or its products or services
- present false information about Eden District Council
- use any of our trademarks or logo without prior written consent
To let us know that you are linking to our site or to query anything contact us on the details below.
For further information: